SEE OUR SISTER SITES: EventsWeddingsVintage Crafts

Red Rooster Discos Record


This page has been placed to answer some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive.

Planning our Wedding or Event, when should we book the disco?

It’s never too early to plan an important event.  Once your venue and service providers are available, then you need to book your DJ as soon as possible, bearing in mind that Weddings get booked a year or two in advance!

Just pick up the phone or fill in our enquiry form on line. Also we have an availability calendar to help with your search. Remember we sometimes can fit in 2 events a day.

How much do you charge?

What sort of night do you want? Memorable? Fun? One that you and your guests will talk about for a long time to come? We are Legal DJs . We are there professionally to give you the best Wedding or Events Disco you will ever have and we want you and your guests to remember your evening or event for many years to come. We have to know your needs to gauge a price. Contact us or fill in our downloadable booking form with as much information as you can and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a price. You may want just evening music and lighting, mood lighting or background music during your Wedding Breakfast and radio Microphones for speeches. Most professional, reputable DJs charge more than a standard DJ. Always question a DJ that sounds low in cost. Think of all that time and money you have invested in your event or Wedding day. We feel the evening (or any event) is equally as important so choosing a professional DJ is always a good investment. Have a look at our Packages as a guideline.

Do you require a deposit and will we have a written agreement?

We ask for a small deposit  when you confirm the booking with us and will send you an invoice in your Greetings Pack allowing you to pay by Cheque, or BACS or PayPal. No deposit and no agreement means there is nothing to bind the DJ to your event. Our Terms & Conditions are clearly stated at the bottom of our website as a signable contract.

How much musical experience do we have or how professional are we?

We are professional and experienced DJs with over 40 years of experience between us. We have catered for many events not just discos, but Welsh events,Weddings, Anniversaries, Christenings,Birthdays, Xmas & New Years Parties Charitable Events, Corporate Events, Children’s Parties, our famous Themed Events, Motown or Northern Soul Events, 60s, 70s 80s and 00s Discos and even Sensitive Events, such as funerals.

What type of music do you provide and will you play requests?

Its Your Party! We listen to your requests and suggestions and discuss what you want by phone of in person. We play ANY GENRE OF MUSIC from 1950’s to present day. We have a large selection of Mixed, Rock,SKA,Motown, Northern Soul,Indie,Chart and Party music. Meeting you gives us an opportunity to discuss what you do and don’t want. Or we can correspond by e-mail or phone. We are fun and easy to work with. We also have ‘Guest Request Cards’ (these can be Bilingual for our Welsh clients) which we put out on tables with a pen at your event for your guests to request tracks if you wish (FREE of charge). Just mention it in your booking. Or let people TWEET REQUESTS in during the evening.

How do we dress for the occasion?

Smart/casual. We wear formal dinner attire for Free Masons and Hunt Balls and special occasions . Our Red Rooster tie and smart shirts are our trademark! Again just ask or give us some idea when you book.

What kind of equipment do you have?

Top of the range professional Pioneer and Denon media players, mixer, RCF , FBT , Bose and Yamaha speakers and Martin and Chauvet lighting, we are constantly reinvesting money into our equipment. We have subtle, pretty lights with moving heads to full on 3D lasers with vivid colours.  All our equipment is kept in pristine condition, stored indoors and PAT tested (documentation can be viewed on our webpage). Floor wires are safely covered. We carry out risk assessments of the venue if necessary. We don’t list all the technical ‘stuff’ on our website but will tell you exactly what we have if you want to know. As professionals we only carry professional gear, which is carried and treated in a professional manner. We have 3 different sizes of ‘rig’ to match the size of venue.

What is PLI and PAT testing and Pro Dub licence?

Public Liability Insurance (PLI) must be carried by all DJs just as you would carry car insurance if you had a car. We have £10m of PLI cover and certificates to show If you click on Licence or Insurance at the bottom of our web page you can read what it covers. All DJs must have their equipment PAT tested by law for safety reasons and carry a certificate (ours can be viewed). A Pro Dub licence is required if DJs are playing music which is downloaded that they have not paid for, hence they cannot play off someone else’s I-Pod or You Tube unless they have bought the music. It is Illegal! Check this out ALWAYS.

Do you send other DJs out or will it be yourselves at the event?

There are 4 of us in the team and we all have a blog and photo so you will only get us,no one else. We are NOT an agency.